Unconventional method for
preparing a risotto, but which has the merit of requiring little supervision.
- Fill a quarter of the Vitaliseur’s vat with water and boil.
- Break the penny buns with your hands and lay them in a salad bowl filled with 750 gr of lukewarm water. Leave to soak for 1 hour.
- Cut the shallot in brunoise and put it in the tureen with a dash of olive oil and a little bit of salt.
- Place the tureen on the Vitaliseur’s vat and cook for 10 minutes, checking from time to time.
- Add rice, penny buns and 500 gr of soaking water. Salt and put back the tureen in the vat, uncovered. Cook slowly and stir every now and then.
- After 25 minutes cooking, check the rice. If it is cooked, add one good tablespoon of ghee (or vegetal butter) and stir swiftly to make the risotto creamy. Add 1 ladle or 2 of penny bun soaking water, if necessary, in order to get a really creamy risotto.
for 3-4 people
- 200 gr of Arborio rice
- 1 shallot
- 20 gr of dry penny buns
- Olive oil
- Ghee or vegetal butter